How many of us have received an invitation to a wedding that says it will be a 6 pm wedding and arrive in a timely fashion, get seated, and wait, and wait and wait? The wedding did not start until 6:30 or later! We just sat there for over 45 minutes waiting and not knowing why the ceremony is not on time. Was this planned by the couple? If so why? If it was not a planned start time, what did it cost them to start so late?
- It is polite to start when you say you will. When people expect a ceremony to begin at 6 pm, they usually arrive 15-20 minutes prior in order to find parking and get seated. When you purposely start later than your stated time, you have not honored your guests’ time. When your ceremony is outdoors, you have people sitting in the hot sun, the wind, or the cold for much longer than they had anticipated. Those with allergies are exposed to the allergens for longer and may end up with medical issues because of it. If you know some people are habitually late, you can have a private conversation with them to encourage them to arrive in a timely fashion.
- Your vendors will know when to anticipate their roles to start and end. Caterers will be able to properly plan for the food to be hot, fresh and ready. Flowers will still be fresh and not yet wilted. Your photographer can plan the best photos based on the lighting for the time of day. Employees of the vendors can be properly scheduled to be present for the needed time to flip the space from ceremony to reception. Cocktail hour will be cut short in many venues.
- You will have full use of your venue. If you have use of your venue for only a certain amount of time and your ceremony is late starting, you have reduced the amount of time you have for cocktail hour and reception.
- You will save money! Many wedding professionals have late fees built into their contracts (read your contracts carefully to avoid surprises). When you start your ceremony late, it impacts the vendors’ schedule. A late start to your wedding can add hundreds of dollars to your bottom line and it won’t add fun or excitement to your day. Wouldn’t you rather spend that money having fun?
- You will have less stress on your wedding day! Knowing that you have put processes in place and have a good timeline and someone to help you stay on that timeline will reduce the amount of stress you will experience. You will be able to relax and enjoy your special day.
Let us help you reduce the stress on your wedding day and start your ceremony on time. Contact us today!