If you are newly engaged you are probably anxious to get started on your planning and a wedding show would be the perfect place to meet area vendors. It is a great place to begin the learning process of wedding planning. You can also learn if your budget is realistic for the wedding you want.
So, how do you get the most benefit for the time you have available?
- Review the show’s website prior to going. What is their registration process? Is there an entrance fee? What vendors do they have signed up? What are the hours? Is there a map of the layout with vendor locations?
- Consider what your goal for the show should be? If you are first starting out you might be “window shopping”. That is a great start to learning what you want and what you don’t want. If you are in the middle of planning your wedding you might be looking for a particular service or vendor. By looking at the show’s website you know if the service or vendor you need is represented. If it is a service you are looking for you know how many providers you can expect to find to compare.
- Have realistic expectations. A wedding show is busy, bright, crowded and often overwhelming. Understand that you will only have a few minutes with a vendor. Don’t expect to have a chance to do a full interview and booking. Instead plan to get a general feel for a vendor and determine if you want to learn more. You then schedule a follow-up meeting with them to learn more and to book them.
- Use your time after the show to learn more. If you are brand new to the process of wedding planning, you might need to just take it all in, gather everyone’s information and handouts in order to truly research and process everything once back in the quiet of your home. If you were looking for a particular service, you can gather the information and continue your research at home prior to scheduling a follow up appointment.
- Most importantly—enjoy your time! Don’t feel pushed to see/do it all. Relax and take in only as much as you comfortably can. Unless your wedding is in the very near future, you have time to take in more shows and learn more.
Contact us to get a current listing of wedding shows in the Greensboro/High Point/Winston Salem area. All Faiths Wedding Officiants of the Triad would love to help you make the most of your time at a wedding show.
During the month of August we will be at the following Wedding Shows and Open Houses:
Marry Me Legacy Stables Winston Salem August 8
Open House Whispering Oaks-Julian August 15
Carolina Wedding Show Greensboro Coliseum August 18
Carolina Wedding Show Winston Salem Coliseum August 25